About Barry Janzen / Full Disclosure
Barry Janzen explores a variety of topics at his blog, Edtech 597: Blogging in the Classroom.
Making a Living, Sharing and Learning
Barry is currently a teacher of English, Photography, and Media Arts at a 9-12 high school in Victoria, BC. Barry is also a student in a Master of Educational Technology program at Boise State University.
So, Barry, you’re a blogger, huh?
Yes, I’m a blogger. I began my blogging as a Learning Log for the Edtech program at Boise State University. By using the blogging format I am able to track my progress, communicate and share ideas with my classmates and house ideas for future use. This blog is a site for the course Edtech 597 dedicated to blogging exploration for use in the classroom.
Business ties: None
Media ties: None
Association for Educational Communications and Technology
Stocks: I own no stocks.
Religion: I have no formal religious affiliation. I believe in leaving the world a better place.
Politics: I have no formal political affiliation.
A Few Questions
1. Please list your other current employers, whether full time or part time.
2. For what other employers (consulting) have you worked in the last three years?
3. What sort of volunteer work do you do regularly, if any, and for whom? (Please include any public relations, advocacy or advisory board involvement.)
4. Do you do any work paid or unpaid in politics or government? Have you done any lobbying of governmental bodies?
5. Do you have any financial investments or financial ties that may limit your ability to cover specific topics free of conflict, and if so, what are the topics?
6. Although we don’t regulate the activities of spouses, partners or immediate family members of our contributors, do any of their professional or personal involvements or any of their financial investments or ties make certain topics inappropriate for you, and if so, what are the topics?
7. Have you accepted any free trips, junkets or press trips in the last two years? Have you accepted any substantial free merchandise or discounts from people we might cover?
- I was awarded a free trip to the ISTE conference in Philadelphia as part of an educational technology prize package.
8. Has anything you’ve written later resulted in a published editor’s note or retraction for deliberate falsehood or plagiarism or become the subject of a lawsuit involving allegations of deliberate falsehood? (If yes, please include details about the publication and your role in the article or story. If a lawsuit, please describe the disposition of the case.)
Note: This page is an adapted version of one completed in Full Disclosure at Around the Corner-MGuhlin.org. It has only been personalized and the text largely remains consistent with the original used by Miguel Guhlin]